Terms and Conditions for the Members of Umran Academic Research Association
The UARA’s Editorial Boards, Advisory Boards, and Committee Members, as well as the UGPF’s Board of Directors, are devoted to the organization’s future. To continue to be a thriving nonprofit research organization, we need your involvement. To be a member of the UARA, members must agree to a set of rules and regulations. The rules and regulations listed here were last updated at UARA’s virtual platform on November 20, 2021.
These terms and conditions must be accepted by all UARA members. The following are the terms and conditions that the Board of Directors and other Boards have unanimously agreed to:
The UARA Group is a transnational conglomerate focused on academic integrity. Prior to granting membership, UARA will examine academic qualifications.
UARA promotes academic connections in a multitude of areas. We urge you to collaborate outside of your comfort zones, thus we’d want to see fresh research collaborations on a regular basis. Solo research contributions are also welcome, but they must be of high quality.
Every year, Associate Members must make at least one research contribution. Continuous research on a topic or issues that are not part of your regular academic research is referred to as research contributions. T this criterion can be waived in exceptional circumstances and for that Committee Member’s approval is necessary. UARA would like to get an update on your research every three months. The progress report of your project work will be regularly posted on our webpage.
Since all UARA members are qualifid in their respected fields, you must respect their academic credentials. You have the right to challenge anyone about your academic doubts directly in front of him or her at any time. It is not appropriate to raise issues behind other people’s backs or to form preference subgroups.
All new members must go through a three-month probation period. If your performance throughout the probation period is not adequate, your membership may be revoked. If UARA notices a three-month absence of your intellectual contributions after the probation term, a committee meeting will be held to discuss whether your membership may be kept.
It is not recommended to send a message to an individual to advise them of UARA-related agendas. If you have any general concerns about UARA, please write to the UARA WhatsApp group or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At least six meetings must be attended each year.
- If you are unable to attend any of the meetings, please let us know via the UARA WhatsApp group or via email at email@example.com.
Members must strictly adhere to their defined responsibilities. The members should follow the following guidelines when performing their tasks. Please discuss your appropriate designation with UARA’s project coordinator before signing.
Election and nomination:
- UARA will hold elections for several positions every year.
- Each year, you must nominate one prospective UARA member.
UARA opposes discrimination based on age, gender, sexual orientation, caste, religion, race, ethnicity, clothing, economic background, academic qualifications, or anything else that leads to segregation and violent movement in our society.
General non-disclosure ground:
- The members are required to –
(i) make reasonable efforts to protect the confidentiality of the other’s information and materials, whether oral, written, or in any other form, that may be reasonably understood, based on legends, the nature of such information itself and/or the circumstances of such information’s disclosure, to be confidential and/or proprietary to them or to third parties to whom either of them owes a duty of nondisclosure (collectively, “Confidential Information”);
(ii) take reasonable steps in connection therewith, including, without limitation, the steps each takes to protect the confidentiality of its comparable proprietary assets; (iii) upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, immediately return to the provider all Confidential Information not licensed or authorized to be used or enjoyed after termination or expiration hereof, to the extent within their respective possession and/or control; and (iv) immediately return to the provider all Confidential Information not licensed or authorized to be used or enjoyed after termination or
(iv) require any person to whom disclosure is anticipated to sign an agreement outlining the treatment of Confidential Information as set out in clauses (i) through (iv) (iii). The foregoing shall not necessitate separate written agreements with employees and agents who are already bound by written agreements substantially meeting the requirements of this Section, nor with legal counsel, certified public accountants, or other professional advisers who have a professional obligation to keep clients’ confidences.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, a person’s obligation to protect the confidentiality of any information or materials shall terminate as to any information or materials that: (i) are, or become, public knowledge through no act or failure to act of such person; (ii) are publicly disclosed by the proprietor thereof; or (iii) are lawfully obtained from a third party without obligations of confidentiality by such person after reasonable inquiry into the authority.
Members are classified as follows:
1. Active members: These members will be in charge of organizing UARA’s programs and assisting with other allocated tasks, as well as actively coordinating with other members. They will take an active role in the alternate weekly meeting. They will be the members chosen from the annual election for a year. Such members will nominate and present their manifesto to develop UARA’s projects in order to be elected.
2. Inactive Members: These are members who are not active in the organization and are not responsible for any programs. They will, however, be able to vote on who will be chosen as active members for UARA. They will only participate in quarterly or combined meetings. Professors, research scholars, and sponsors who who are already engaged with many works but want to support UARA.
There are no membership fees.